Likonde Primary School
We renovated Likonde Primary School towards the end of 2015. Resource developments and renovations at this school are currently benefitting the head teacher, teaching staff, 350 primary students and 60 pre-primary students.
What We Have Done
- Interior renovation - including paining, new floors, fixed the roof, new doors and windows.
- Rendered and painted exterior.
- Provided new desks and chairs.
- Provided new teachers desks, chairs and cupboards.
- Renovated latrines.
- Dug drainage channels and installed guttering and sim tanks.
- Introduced and are delivering a pre-primary class with a montessori trained and assistant.
- Provided a workshop on the importance of water sanitation and hygiene, and installed tippy taps.
What We Plan To Do
Provide ongoing head teacher capacity building.
Provide ongoing support and training for pre-primary teachers and assistants as well as replenishing resources.
Maintaining a good relationship with our partner schools and their community to listen to how we can support them in the future.
Collect schools data to monitor enrollment and achievement at the school.